This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Tuscan Salmon is a rich and satisfying seafood dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This recipe is one of those that everyone will think you spent an eternity preparing. No one will ever know it takes all of 20-something minutes to throw together.
Before this, the last time I cooked salmon was when I made this Maple Glazed Salmon. The piece I purchased was HUGE so I had enough left over (that I had frozen) for another meal. I adapted this recipe from my Creamy Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops.
Everyone always asks, “What do you do with all of that food you make since you live by yourself?”. For the past 8 months, I save enough for a meal, then I give the rest to my parents who are still living in a camper after Hurricane Florence while their home is being rebuilt.
It has been an experience for them to say the least. Cooking in such a small space isn’t easy, so they’re always SO THANKFUL and it makes me happy to help in some way. My mom says all she’s going to do is bake pies when she gets in that new kitchen of hers. I can’t wait!
What to serve with Creamy Tuscan Salmon:
I love it over pasta, but also enjoy it with a garden salad. Don’t forget the crusty French bread for all of that creamy Tuscan sauce!
Creamy Tuscan Salmon in a garlicky cream sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes is a quick and easy seafood dinner. Serve it with a salad or over pasta!
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1–1/2 pounds, skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced (about half of an 8.5-ounce jar)
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place salmon fillets in pan (flesh side down) and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference (will depend upon thickness of fillets).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach, stir and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return salmon fillets to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy tuscan salmon, tuscan salmon recipe