This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
A freezer staple of ground chicken with a few Asian ingredients come together in these flavor-packed Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps… a quick dinner in just 20 minutes!
These lettuce wraps are a lower carb meal option and so simple to prepare. The most difficult part of this recipe is the prep work – measuring out the ingredients, chopping and slicing (it takes me about 10 minutes). Easy peasy!
These make a great meal any night of the week and they’re also budget-friendly (a lot less expensive than takeout!).
Do I Have To Use Butter Lettuce in this Recipe?
I prefer to use butter lettuce (also called Boston or Bibb lettuce) because the shape of the lettuce leaves makes it easy to spoon the chicken mixture into, but you can also use the following types of lettuce:
- Red leaf
- Green leaf
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead of Ground Chicken?
Absolutely! This recipe is just as delicious using ground turkey.
The ground chicken mixture also reheats well for leftovers (if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers!). Enjoy!Print
These delicious chicken lettuce wraps are a satisfying and easy dinner ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained then diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and yellow onion and cook until chicken is browned (about 5 minutes). Break chicken up with a spatula while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain in a colander and return to skillet.
- Add garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha and stir well to evenly coat chicken.
- Add water chestnuts and green onion. Cook an additional 2 minutes, or until green onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: asian chicken wraps, chicken lettuce wraps
Originally published February 9, 2016. Updated with new photographs, recipe slightly revised and republished on January 5, 2020.