So zesty and flavorful, no one will ever know you threw these BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Tacos together in under 30 minutes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yessssss! The shortcut here is using a store-bought rotisserie chicken (or leftover shredded chicken). I love rotisserie chickens because they’re so versatile in recipes, budget-friendly and time-saving.
It doesn’t get much easier than this when it comes to a quick dinner the whole family will love!
We’ve been working the past few nights getting prepared for our annual fish stew party, so the last thing I wanted to do was spend a ton of time in the kitchen. One night we ordered takeout and another night I made these tacos.
The combination of barbecue sauce (use your favorite), chili powder and cumin tossed with shredded chicken is a perfect match with the black bean and veggie mixture… so tangy and packed full of flavor!
Top it off with sour cream and fresh cilantro for the quickest and easiest Taco Tuesday next week… enjoy! 🙂Print
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed or 1 cup drained canned corn (whole kernel)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups fully cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- Optional: Sour cream and/or fresh chopped cilantro, for topping
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and jalapeno. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes), stirring often. Add corn and black beans. Stir to combine and continue to cook until warmed (stirring occasionally) for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place shredded chicken in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add barbecue sauce, chili powder and cumin. Stir until combined and chicken is evenly coated. Loosely cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until heated.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon chicken mixture in equal amounts in each tortilla and top with black bean and vegetable mixture. Top with sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light