I absolutely LOVE recipes that satisfy comfort food cravings, are simple to prepare AND taste insanely delicious… just like this easy Taco Soup!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This Taco Soup is one of those recipes. Brown some ground beef and onions, then add a few more canned ingredients and seasoning packets into a pot. Simmer. DONE.
This recipe is freezer-friendly and can be cooked in your slow cooker while you’re away… there’s nothing better than coming home to the smells of a hearty hot soup ready to eat!
Top it off with adding sour cream, green onions and shredded cheese… or even throw in some crushed corn chips!Print
Taco Soup is a quick and easy Mexican soup that’s ready in just 45 minutes!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 (10 ounce) cans RO*TEL diced tomatoes & green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch salad dressing seasoning
- 1 (1.5 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- Optional garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions until beef is no longer pink. Drain in a colander.
- Transfer beef and onions to a large soup pot. Add RO*TEL, corn, kidney beans, black olives and seasoning packets. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If using a slow cooker, add cooked beef and onions and remaining ingredients (except garnishes) to your slow cooker pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.