Two of my favorite flavors come together in these flavor-packed Taco Ranch Meatballs with a zesty taco ranch dipping sauce.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Taco, ranch and meatballs?! Yes, please. Not only are these perfect for Cinco de Mayo, they’re always a welcomed appetizer throughout the year.
See that cheese oozing out of those meatballs? It’s a simple bagged Mexican cheese blend (cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella and Colby) .
Ways you can customize this recipe:
- Increase or decrease the intensity of the taco flavor by using more (or less) taco seasoning and choose the level of heat in the seasoning you prefer (I used original taco seasoning).
- I used a Mexican cheese blend, but feel free to use the cheese(s) of your choice.
The meatballs in the recipe as written are somewhat mild in taco flavor because the taco ranch dipping sauce adds more flavor.
Can I freeze these meatballs and reheat for later?
Yes! The cooked meatballs can easily be frozen and reheated later. Allow the meatballs to cool and store in a resealable ziploc bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw the meatballs in the refrigerator before reheating.
When ready to heat, place thawed cooked meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out and bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
These Taco Ranch Meatballs with a zesty taco ranch dipping sauce are packed full of flavor and so EASY to prepare!
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning (reserve 1–1/2 teaspoons for dipping sauce)
- 1 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I used 93%)
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix (from a packet)
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for topping/garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by stirring ranch dressing and 1-1/2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning together in a small bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, ranch seasoning and the remainder of the taco seasoning from the packet in a large bowl.
- Form into 1-1/2 inch balls (about 2 tablespoons of mixture for each ball) and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until meatballs are browned, fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired and serve with dipping sauce.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: taco ranch meatballs, taco meatballs recipe