This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
My cooking style is a lot like my style in everything else in life… simple. This Warm Potato Salad is so delicious and easy to prepare!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABC’s The Chew. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Did you all know that I own ONE television? Yep, just one. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do, I watch one of my favorite shows: ABC’s The Chew. I’m always searching for creative ways to liven up my summer dishes and watching The Chew always gives me a huge dose of inspiration.
I was inspired to try Mario’s Warm Potato Salad because I’m a huge fan of potato salad… and I’ve NEVER prepared it without mayonnaise like he did! I am so impressed with his recipe using olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It is a much healthier version of potato salad without sacrificing taste. It will surely be on my summer menu indefinitely. Leave it to Mario!
If you’re a foodie like me, you CANNOT miss out on watching The Chew! Did you happen to see this episode? Carla whips up some awesome BBQ chicken to go along with the potato salad and her sauce looks amazing!
I made a few changes to Mario’s recipe, loved it and plan on making Carla’s BBQ chicken the next time I grill.Print
- 2–1/2 pounds red potatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- In a large bowl, gently stir potatoes with remaining ingredients to combine well and coat.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad