This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
My cooking style is a lot like my style in everything else in life… simple. This Warm Potato Salad is so delicious and easy to prepare!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABC’s The Chew. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you all know that I own ONE television? Yep, just one. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do, I watch one of my favorite shows: ABC’s The Chew. I’m always searching for creative ways to liven up my summer dishes and watching The Chew always gives me a huge dose of inspiration.
I was inspired to try Mario’s Warm Potato Salad because I’m a huge fan of potato salad… and I’ve NEVER prepared it without mayonnaise like he did!
I am so impressed with his recipe using olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It is a healthier version of potato salad without sacrificing taste. It will surely be on my summer menu indefinitely. Leave it to Mario!
I made a few changes to Mario’s recipe and absolutely loved it. It’s a must-make for your next potluck or as an easy side dish. Enjoy!Print
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- In a large bowl, gently stir potatoes with remaining ingredients to combine well and coat. Serve warm.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad, warm potato salad