My cooking style is a lot like my style in everything else in life… simple. This Warm Potato Salad is so delicious and easy to prepare!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABC’s The Chew. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you all know that I own ONE television? Yep, just one. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do, I watch one of my favorite shows: ABC’s The Chew. I’m always searching for creative ways to liven up my summer dishes and watching The Chew always gives me a huge dose of inspiration.
I was inspired to try Mario’s Warm Potato Salad because I’m a huge fan of potato salad… and I’ve NEVER prepared it without mayonnaise like he did!
I am so impressed with his recipe using olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It is a healthier version of potato salad without sacrificing taste. It will surely be on my summer menu indefinitely. Leave it to Mario!
I made a few changes to Mario’s recipe and absolutely loved it. It’s a must-make for your next potluck or as an easy side dish. Enjoy!Print
Warm Potato Salad
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 ½ pounds red potatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- In a large bowl, gently stir potatoes with remaining ingredients to combine well and coat. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad, warm potato salad
This “Warm Potato Salad”
looks delicious! Can hardly wait to try it.
Beautiful potato salad! Sounds delicious and healthier without the mayo, will try it very soon!