This recipe for Simple Egg Salad is so easy and delicious!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I recently cleaned out my refrigerator only to become disgusted at the things I (unintentionally) let go to waste that had expired. I loathe at the thought of throwing away food! Never. Again.
I had a few eggs that were getting ready to expire. My first thought was to make some plain ‘ole scrambled eggs.
Then I realized I had some fresh chives growing in my back yard that were about to bloom… they’re a perfect complement to this egg salad!
I’m all about simple. All that’s in this recipe is mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, and fresh chopped chives (and hard boiled eggs, of course). You can also substitute fresh dill, parsley or rosemary for the chives. Stir it all up in a bowl, then fold in coarsely chopped hard boiled eggs.
I know there are TONS of egg salad recipes out there… What do you add to your egg salad?
Be sure to follow me on social media so you’ll never miss a recipe!
- 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water comes to a rolling boil, remove from heat and cover with lid. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Meantime, stir the mayonnaise, mustard, chives and Old Bay Seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Rinse eggs in cold water. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
- Gently fold in the chopped hard boiled eggs in the mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.