Garlic Rosemary Pork Chops are a comforting and flavorful dinner on the table in just 30 minutes. This is a hassle-free main course that couldn’t be easier to prepare!
This simple recipe takes pork chops to a whole new level. Seasoned pork chops are seared golden brown on the stovetop, coated with a buttery garlic and rosemary mixture, then baked to perfection.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s quick and simple to serve on a busy weeknight, yet elegant enough for a special occasion. It’s also budget-friendly which is a BONUS!
- You’ll need center cut, bone-in pork chops – about one inch thick. You can make two to four pork chops with this recipe. You’ll more than likely need a larger 12 inch cast iron skillet (or oven proof skillet) if preparing three or four. I am using a 12 inch skillet in the images shown.
- Salt and black pepper – for seasoning
- Olive oil – for searing before going into the oven
- Rosemary – fresh is best!
How to Prepare
Following is a brief overview – please see the recipe card at the bottom for full detailed instructions.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Stir together melted butter, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl.
- Sear chops on both sides until golden.
- Coat with the butter mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pork has an internal temperature of 145 degrees F in the thickest part (for medium).
More 30-Minute Meal Ideas
Garlic Rosemary Pork Chops
- 2 to 4 center cut, bone-in pork chops approximately 1 inch thick
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt more or less, depending upon preference
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper more or less, depending upon preference
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Stir together melted butter, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet* over medium high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side (use tongs to flip).
- Using an oven mitt, remove skillet from heat. Spoon or carefully pour butter mixture over pork chops as evenly as possible to coat.
- Using an oven mitt, carefully transfer skillet to preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pork has an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (for medium) in the thickest part of the meat using an instant read thermometer.
- *You will need a larger 12 inch oven proof skillet if preparing 3 to 4 pork chops.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Adapted from Delish