So simple and flavorful, this easy recipe for Garlic Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes.
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare asparagus with just a few simple ingredients. All you’re going to need to flavor the asparagus is olive oil, minced fresh garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. How easy is that?
Main Course Ideas to Serve with Roasted Asparagus
This is a perfect side dish for just about any main course. I love this asparagus with:
- Italian Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Herb Breaded Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
An easy and flavorful side dish prepared with simple ingredients. A perfect side dish for almost any meal!
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears (approximately 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse asparagus with water and pat dry. Snap or slice off tough ends (about 1 inch).
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil and minced garlic. Place asparagus in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and garlic mixture over asparagus. Toss until coated as evenly as possible. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, turning after about 7-8 minutes. Roast until asparagus are tender-crisp.*
- Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.
*Roasting time will vary and depends upon the thickness of your asparagus spears.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted asparagus, baked asparagus
Originally published on May 16, 2016. Updated with new photographs, recipe slightly revised and republished on October 14, 2019.