You’re just four simple ingredients away from the most flavorful chicken dinner the whole family will love: Baked Pesto Chicken.
When it comes to dinner, you just can’t beat quick, easy, delicious and simple… this recipe is just that. There’s literally only five minutes of prep time required!
Serve it with rice or keep it low-carb with a salad. No one will ever know you threw this together in under 40 minutes!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Two large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- Prepared basil pesto
- Shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
A Helpful Tip for Slicing the Chicken
Place your chicken in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice.
Do you see all of those juices in that skillet? Crusty French bread is a MUST for dipping.
Hooray for quick and easy weeknight dinners!
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large oven-proof skillet or baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet or baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto evenly over each breast.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear (will depend upon thickness).
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and arrange tomatoes evenly over and around chicken.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- A helpful tip for slicing the chicken – Place in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
I’m really forward to making these dishes – they all look so good – Thank You !!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thank you so much, Gloria! Hope you enjoy! 🙂