Making your own Homemade Tartar Sauce is so easy with ingredients you probably already have on-hand. You’ll never want the store-bought bottled stuff again after you see just how simple it is to make your own delicious tartar sauce right at home!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Mayonnaise – Full fat mayo is best, but you can most definitely substitute with low fat if you prefer.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed is best, but I’ve also used lemon juice from the bottle.
- Dill relish – If you don’t have relish in the jar, feel free to mince dill pickles as a substitute.
- Yellow onion
- Dill – I use dried dill but fresh chopped dill can also be used. You’ll need to increase the amount by 3 times if you use fresh.
- Sugar – I prefer a hint of sweetness to my tartar sauce, but feel free to omit the sugar.
Number of Servings
This recipe yields approximately ⅔ cup which is about 5 (2 tablespoon) servings.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
More Easy Sauces
Tartar Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yields approximately ⅔ cup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.