This Shrimp Scampi is an easy and satisfying meal in under 30 minutes. Delicious shrimp in a lemony butter garlic sauce over pasta is always a welcomed dinner!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s simple enough to be a quick weeknight dinner, but elegant enough to serve on a special occasion. Serve with French bread and a garden salad for a complete meal!
This is one of my go-to dinners when I don’t have a lot of time but still want a home cooked meal. I enjoy this especially in the summer because of the fresh, vibrant flavors, but it’s perfect year-round.
The ingredients are SO SIMPLE. There’s a good chance you probably already have most of what you’ll need for this recipe.
What Can I Substitute for White Wine in Shrimp Scampi?
This recipe calls for a dry white wine (I used sauvignon blanc), but chicken broth can be substituted for the wine.
- Add crushed red pepper for a little extra heat!
- Season with Old Bay Seasoning to make it extra savory.
- Substitute Italian seasoning for the dried oregano, if desired.
Do I Have to Use Linguine?
Absolutely not! You can use any long pasta, such as spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes You’ll LovePrint
An easy and satisfying dinner in under 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- Salt and black pepper to taste, if desired (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Return skillet with juices to medium high heat. Add white wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- Transfer shrimp back to skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spoon shrimp mixture on top of a bed of cooked linguine and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
*Chicken broth can be substituted for white wine.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy shrimp scampi, shrimp scampi pasta
Adapted from Taste of Home
Originally published January 2016. Updated with new photographs, helpful tips and republished June 2020.