Oh how I LOVE seafood! There’s a market that sells fresh local seafood within a block from my house, so there is no reason for me not to make it more often. This recipe for Easy Shrimp Scampi is so simple and delicious!
Seriously… I don’t know why I haven’t been making this more often. It is leftover-friendly (tastes better the next day!) and comes together in no time.
Not only that… the mixture of butter, white wine and herbs smells so good while it’s cooking!
This seafood dish looks and tastes like you spent a ton of time on it. Truth is, it comes together in less than 30 minutes if your shrimp are already peeled and deveined. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and oregano and cook, stirring frequently, until pink. Remove shrimp mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium high heat. Add white wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until butter is melted. Transfer shrimp mixture back into skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Spoon shrimp mixture on top of a bed of linguine and top with fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper if desired.