These delicious Air Fryer Salmon Patties are a quick, easy and budget-friendly dinner. They’re crispy on the outside and moist, tender and flaky on the inside. A hassle-free seafood dinner everyone can agree on!
What I love about this recipe is that these salmon patties (or salmon cakes – whichever you prefer to call them) are prepared with staple pantry ingredients and cook quickly in your air fryer.
A bonus is that these patties are 100% freezer friendly (before or after cooking!).
- Canned salmon
- Crushed saltine crackers – breadcrumbs can be substituted, but I personally prefer crushed saltines.
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Green bell pepper
- Lemon juice
- Yellow onion
- Salt and black pepper
As always, feel free to adjust the amounts of seasonings to your personal preference.
How to Prepare
- Place drained salmon in a large bowl. Pick out any skin and bones and discard. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine ingredients until incorporated using your hands.
- Form into patties (use ½ cup of mixture for each patty).
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. Spray the basket with oil. Spray the tops of the patties with oil. Place in the basket, ensuring that patties are not touching.
- Air fry for four minutes. Carefully flip patties, spray the tops of patties with oil and cook for an additional four minutes.
I LOVE to dip salmon patties in homemade tartar sauce (if you haven’t tried my recipe, now’s the time!).
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Wrap each uncooked patty in plastic wrap, place in a resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can cook salmon patties frozen. Remove the patties while your air fryer is preheating to 380 degrees F, then cook frozen patties for 7 minutes on each side.
More Easy Seafood Dinner Ideas
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon drained
- ¾ cup crushed saltine crackers about 20 crackers
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place drained salmon in a large bowl. Pick out skin and bones and discard. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Add crushed crackers, egg, garlic, lemon juice, onion, green pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. Combine ingredients using your hands. Form into 5 patties that are 1 inch thick (½ cup salmon mixture for each patty).
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. Spray the basket with oil. Place salmon patties in basket, ensuring they do not touch. Spray the tops of patties with oil.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Carefully flip patties, spray the tops with oil and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- To freeze cooked or uncooked salmon patties: Wrap each patty in plastic wrap, place in a resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months. If freezing cooked patties, allow to cool before wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Defrost frozen cooked patties in the refrigerator and reheat until heated through.
- To air fry frozen salmon patties: Remove the patties from freezer while your air fryer is preheating to 380 degrees F. Spray basket with oil and spray the tops of patties. Cook frozen patties for 7 minutes on each side.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.