So sweet, creamy and refreshing, this easy Frozen Piña Colada is a breeze to make!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
With tomorrow being the official first day of summer, sharing this cocktail is a must! Piña coladas are the classic summertime frozen cocktail (in my opinion). They are also just as easy to make non-alcoholic without sacrificing flavor.
I didn’t realize until my early thirties just how easy these are to make at home. All you’ll need is a blender and 3 ingredients (not including ice) for your own tropical getaway right at home!
Piña Colada Ingredients:
- Cream of coconut
- Pineapple Juice – You can also substitute pineapple orange juice (I’ve done this more than once!)
- Light rum
What is cream of coconut?
Cream of coconut is coconut cream combined with sugar. It’s normally in a can or plastic bottle and can be found in the cocktail aisle or section of the grocery store.
How to make non-alcoholic (virgin) piña coladas:
The non-alcoholic version of this cocktail is just as delicious and flavorful. Simply substitute extra pineapple juice (or even water!) for the rum.
This recipe yields approximately 24 ounces which is 2 (12-ounce) servings. Garnish with fresh pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries for a beautiful presentation. Enjoy (and please drink responsibly!).
Originally published July 12, 2012. Updated with new photographs and recipe slightly revised on June 20, 2019.Print
Homemade Frozen Piña Coladas are a breeze to make right at home with just 3 simple ingredients!
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or pineapple orange juice)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Optional: maraschino cherries and/or pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice for a thicker consistency, if desired.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with maraschino cherries and/or pineapple wedges, if desired.
- Substitute pineapple juice or water for rum for the non-alcoholic version.