One of my all-time favorite fruity rum cocktails is this rich and delicious Painkiller Cocktail!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
While at a boat show in Annapolis, MD a couple of years ago, I had the privilege of dining at Pusser’s Caribbean Grille. Believe it or not, I’d never heard of these “Painkillers” until then.
So you know I had to try one… or three!
Since then, I have been making these drinks throughout the summer and they’re definitely a treat, to say the least.
One thing that I need to note is I learned that Pusser’s has exclusive rights to this drink… of course that’s why I prepared it with Pusser’s Rum. I ordered this cocktail one night at a bar with friends, and a guy sitting beside me so kindly informed me of this. Apparently he was somehow involved with Pusser’s, as he handed me a business card with the drink recipe on it (a coincidence to say the least!).
The original recipe from Pusser’s can be found here.
Painkiller Cocktail Ingredients
- Dark Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Cream of Coconut
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
More Rum Cocktails You Might Enjoy
Enjoy and please drink responsibly!
Originally published September 13, 2012. Post updated August 6, 2019 with new photographs and recipe slightly revised.Print
A rich and fruity tropical cocktail that’s always a crowd-pleaser!
- 2 parts Pusser’s Dark Rum
- 4 parts pineapple juice
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part cream of coconut
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Optional: Orange and/or pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and cream of coconut into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg on top and garnish with an orange and/or pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: painkiller cocktail, painkiller drink