One of my all-time favorite fruity rum cocktails is this rich and delicious Painkiller Cocktail!
While at a boat show in Annapolis, MD a couple of years ago, I had the privilege of dining at Pusser’s Caribbean Grille. Believe it or not, I’d never heard of these “Painkillers” until then.
So you know I had to try one… or three!
Since then, I have been making these drinks throughout the summer and they’re definitely a treat, to say the least.
One thing that I need to note is I learned that Pusser’s has exclusive rights to this drink… of course that’s why I prepared it with Pusser’s Rum. I ordered this cocktail one night at a bar with friends, and a guy sitting beside me so kindly informed me of this.
Apparently he was somehow involved with Pusser’s, as he handed me a business card with the drink recipe on it (a coincidence to say the least!).
Painkiller Cocktail Ingredients
- Dark Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Cream of Coconut
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
Enjoy and please drink responsibly!
More Rum Cocktails You’ll Love
- 2 parts Pusser's Dark Rum
- 4 parts pineapple juice
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part cream of coconut
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Orange and/or pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry optional garnish
- Pour rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and cream of coconut into a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover, shake vigorously and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg on top and garnish with an orange and/or pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published September 13, 2012. Post updated August 6, 2019 with new photographs, new text and recipe slightly revised.