This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Traditional Piña Coladas get a festive twist in these delicious Peppermint Piña Coladas spiked with rum and peppermint schnapps!
The idea for these frozen cocktails came to me a few years ago on Christmas night. I was listening to Jimmy Buffett Christmas music while doing some things around the house and suddenly started craving a piña colada.
I thought to myself, “Why don’t I substitute peppermint schnapps for part of the rum in the blender, along with a little grenadine for color and make it festive?”.
So I adapted my Frozen Piña Colada recipe and made it happen, of course!
These taste like a piña colada with a hint of refreshing peppermint flavor. Adding a little grenadine for the pretty pink color is totally optional, but I love the presentation with the crushed candy cane rim.
How I Crush Candy Canes
I place a few regular-size candy canes in a sealed plastic bag and place on a cutting board. Using a heavy rolling pin, I roll over the candy canes until they’re crushed to the consistency I want them.
If you don’t have a heavy rolling pin you can also use a hammer or a mallet.
‘Tis the season for celebrating and I hope you enjoy these festive cocktails as much as I did. As always, please drink responsibly and have a wonderful and safe holiday season. Cheers!
More Christmas Cocktails You’ll LovePrint
Traditional piña coladas get a festive twist in these delicious and refreshing Peppermint Piña Coladas!
- Light corn syrup or honey, for rimming glasses
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint, for rimming glasses
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup peppermint schnapps
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- Rim the glasses: Pour a thin layer of corn syrup (or honey) onto a plate. Place crushed candy canes on a separate plate and very gently shake to spread evenly. Dip the rims of glasses into the syrup, then dip into crushed candy canes.
- Place ice in your blender pitcher. Pour in cream of coconut, pineapple juice, rum, peppermint schnapps and grenadine. Cover and blend until smooth. Add more ice for a thicker consistency, if desired.
- Pour into prepared rimmed glasses and enjoy!
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican