This delicious side dish is everything you love about Mexican street corn, but in an easy, flavor-packed salad!
Using frozen corn kernels is so convenient in this recipe, but fresh or drained canned corn can also be used. It can also easily be made ahead of time!
- Corn – Fresh or canned corn (drained) can be used (the cook time will be less). I like to use frozen because I always have it on-hand.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed is best, but feel free to use bottled.
- Jalapeno – Be sure to wear gloves when working with jalapenos!
- Mayonnaise – Increase the amount for a creamier consistency, if desired. Yogurt or sour cream can also be added, but I wouldn’t skip the mayo!
- Seasonings – Feel free to adjust to your personal taste.
How to Make It
- Cook the corn kernels in olive oil in a skillet for about 10 to 11 minutes. You’ll want the corn to be slightly charred.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe? Be sure to leave a review!Print
Originally published May 2017. Updated with new photographs, new text and republished July 2020.