This delicious side dish is everything you love about Mexican street corn, but in an easy, flavor-packed salad!
Using frozen corn kernels is so convenient in this recipe, but fresh or drained canned corn can also be used. It can also easily be made ahead of time!
- Corn – Fresh or canned corn (drained) can be used (the cook time will be less). I like to use frozen because I always have it on-hand.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed is best, but feel free to use bottled.
- Jalapeno – Be sure to wear gloves when working with jalapenos!
- Mayonnaise – Increase the amount for a creamier consistency, if desired. Yogurt or sour cream can also be added, but I wouldn’t skip the mayo!
- Seasonings – Feel free to adjust to your personal taste.
How to Make It
- Cook the corn kernels in olive oil in a skillet for about 10 to 11 minutes. You’ll want the corn to be slightly charred.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Favorite Mexican Dishes
Mexican Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced (about 3 tablespoons diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen corn and cook until corn is lightly charred (about 10 to 11 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe yields approximately 4 cups.
- Fresh or canned corn (drained) can be used (the cook time will be less).
- Wear gloves when working with jalapenos.
- Increase the amount of mayonnaise for a creamier consistency, if desired. Yogurt or sour cream can also be added, but don’t skip the mayo!
- Adjust the amount of seasonings to your personal taste.
- This is best served within 24 hours, but is good for up to 3 days (when properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge).
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published May 2017. Updated with new photographs, new text and republished July 2020.