This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Mexican Corn Salad will be a welcomed addition to your Cinco de Mayo fiesta… it’s creamy, cheesy and perfectly seasoned!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Raise your hand if you love Cinco de Mayo as much as I do! But you don’t have to wait for the holiday to enjoy this corn salad. If you’re a corn lover you’ll enjoy this zesty side dish ANY day of the year.
But seriously, what’s not to love about a holiday full of Mexican food and margaritas?! Hmmmm…. NOTHING!
This salad is chock full of lightly charred corn, red onions, jalapeños and feta cheese. I’ve played around with the seasonings until I’ve gotten this recipe exactly to my liking, but feel free to adjust the seasonings to your personal preference.
Creamy, cheesy and perfectly seasoned corn with red onions and jalapenos.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced (about 3 tablespoons diced)
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen corn and cook until corn is lightly charred (about 10-11 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.