Summertime is for grilling… and you’re going to absolutely LOVE this amazingly sweet, tart and savory Honey Lime Grilled Chicken!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’ve never been picky when it comes to chicken. I actually think I prefer grilling thighs and legs over white meat because I LOVE the crispy skin and the juiciness of the dark meat. This grilled chicken is in a simple marinade of ingredients you probably already have on-hand.
I absolutely LOVE grilling. It’s so peaceful to sit outside with my dog in the evenings and have a cold beverage while smelling the charcoal burning and the food cooking. It’s the little things. Heaven!
This recipe can also be used with skinless, boneless chicken breasts but be sure to adjust the grilling time as necessary (boneless cooks faster).
Happy grillin’! 😀Print
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken thighs and/or legs
- Fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, soy, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse and trim any excess skin and/or fat from chicken. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade in bag and turn to coat chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Clean and grease grill grates. If using a charcoal grill place coals on one side of grill. Once coals are ready, sear chicken over coals then move to indirect medium heat. Grill approximately 15-20 minutes on each side, or until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lime wedges, if desired.