Make use of your leftover cooked chicken or use shredded rotisserie chicken in this amazingly easy (and delicious!) Mexican Chicken Casserole!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Because Cindo de Mayo is just around the corner and I realize how busy every one is… I thought I’d bring an oldie back with new photographs. Because this recipe is soooo amazing and I realize the original photographs did not do this recipe justice.
This casserole is a cinch to throw together… top it with your favorite Mexican toppings to customize it to your liking! I’ve eaten it with sliced black olives, sour cream, shredded lettuce… the sky is the limit!
Below is my original photograph from 2012. Please don’t judge.
It was as totally awesome back then as it is now, I just had a lot of learning to do as far as photography.
Enjoy and Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Originally published August 2012 and updated April 2018.Print
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 4-1/2 cups shredded fully cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) package flour tortillas (12 taco tortillas)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the soups and salsa until well combined. Add shredded chicken and stir to combine and evenly coat chicken.
- Layer 4 of the flour tortillas evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Layer 4 more tortillas, then spread the remaining half of the chicken mixture over them.
- Layer last 4 tortillas and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and chicken mixture is bubbly around sides of dish.
- Top with diced tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro.
Adapted from Paula Deen