Make use of your leftover cooked chicken or use shredded rotisserie chicken in this amazingly easy (and delicious!) Mexican Chicken Casserole!
Because Cindo de Mayo is just around the corner and I realize how busy every one is… I thought I’d bring an oldie back with new photographs. Because this recipe is so amazing and I realize the original photographs did not do it justice.
This casserole is a cinch to throw together… top it with your favorite Mexican toppings to customize it to your liking! I’ve eaten it with sliced black olives, sour cream, shredded lettuce… the sky is the limit!
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 10 ½ ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ½ ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 10 ½ ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups prepared salsa
- 4 ½ cups shredded fully cooked chicken
- 12 ounce package flour tortillas (12 taco tortillas)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces colby cheese shredded
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the soups and salsa until well combined. Add shredded chicken and stir to combine and evenly coat chicken.
- Layer 4 of the flour tortillas evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread ½ of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Layer 4 more tortillas, then spread the remaining half of the chicken mixture over them.
- Layer last 4 tortillas and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and chicken mixture is bubbly around sides of dish.
- Top with diced tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Adapted from Paula Deen
Originally published August 2012. Updated with new photographs, text and republished April 2018.