You’ll never miss the meat in this hearty and comforting soup full of kale, beans and vegetables!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed, large stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans (undrained)
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into bite size chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a 6-quart dutch oven or soup pot. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until onions are soft, stirring constantly. Add kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, carrots, potatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper.