This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today’s recipe for this simple, easy and insanely delicious BLT Caesar Flatbread Pizza is brought to you by the North Carolina Pork Council.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
When I was asked to come up with a recipe using bacon, my mind started wandering all over the place. I mean, what is bacon NOT good in???
It’s no secret that pizza is my one of my all time favorite foods, so it didn’t take long to figure out what I was going to make. Using pre made naan (flatbread) found in the deli section of your grocery store, you can throw this pizza together in no time flat!
If you enjoy making your own breads, check out my recipe for homemade naan… it’s easier than you think!
And did I mention it’s crazy delicious?
I used the thickest cut applewood smoked bacon I could find and fried it just before it was crispy, since it was going to cook another 10 minutes when I baked it on the pizza.
What made this pizza even better was the Caesar dressing I used as the “sauce”. The combination of the flatbread, thick bacon pieces, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and creamy Caesar dressing just came together and “clicked”! The fact that it came together in less than 30 minutes made it even more awesome, as the last thing I want to do after work is spend all night in the kitchen.
What’s your favorite way to use bacon at dinnertime?
Disclosure: I am a member of the NC Pork Council Blogging Network and I have been compensated for this post. All opinions shared are completely my own!Print
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (I used applewood smoked)
- 2 pieces naan (flatbread)
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Approximately 2 cups loosely packed roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet on both sides until just before crispy, about 6-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels and break into pieces. Set aside.
- Place naan pieces on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Evenly spread the Caesar dressing on each naan. Top with cheese, bacon pieces and diced tomatoes. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with romaine lettuce.
Adapted from Bev Cooks