This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I was recently asked to be a part of the North Carolina Pork Council Blogging Network to create pork recipes that everyday folks like you and me could enjoy after a busy day at work or on the weekends. Of course, I happily accepted!
My first recipe “challenge” was to come up with a recipe utilizing pork that could be prepared in 30 minutes or less. I LOVE quick and easy recipes (along with a challenge), so it wasn’t too difficult to prepare this Quick and Easy Pork Stir Fry.
By utilizing a quick cooking rice (I used a 10-minute “boil-in-a-bag” rice) and a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, you can whip up this hearty pork stir fry recipe in no time!
It all begins with boiling your quick cooking rice while you slice some boneless center-cut pork chops into thin strips. If your rice is cooked before your stir fry is finished, simply place it in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil until ready to use.
I started out by cooking the pork strips in olive oil, then adding a bag of stir fry vegetables along with a mixture of water, soy, and teriyaki sauce whisked with a little cornstarch to thicken the mixture.
Cover and let the goodness simmer for a few minutes and you’re done after adding canned pineapple chunks. That’s it. Serve over rice and you have a complete meal that your whole family will love!
Disclosure: I am a member of the NC Pork Council Blogging Network and I have been compensated for this post. All opinions shared are completely my own!Print
An easy stir fry recipe with lean pork, vegetables and pineapple on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- 4 cups prepared quick cooking rice (prepare according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless center cut pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen stir fry vegetables (I used peking stir fry which is broccoli, carrots, onions, green beans, pea pods and red peppers)
- 1 cup (drained) canned pineapple chunks
- Prepare quick-cooking rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork strips and cook for about 5 minutes (or until at least 145 degrees F), turning frequently.
- Add frozen stir fry vegetables and water/teriyaki/soy/cornstarch mixture and stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once mixture reaches a gentle boil, reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are a crisp-tender consistency. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Gently stir in pineapple chunks. Serve over cooked rice.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: pork stir fry