This Easy Pizza Casserole is a simple, no-fuss dinner the whole family will love!
This hits the spot when you’re craving a comforting casserole that feeds a crowd… besides, who doesn’t love pizza and pasta?! You can even customize it to include your favorite pizza toppings.
I used ground beef, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, black olives, green bell pepper and lots of cheese in this recipe (it’s how I would normally order a pizza!). Use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce or make your own homemade pizza sauce.
Can I Make This Casserole Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can! Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake (no longer than 3 days). Bring the casserole to room temperature before baking and bake as directed.
This pizza casserole is an easy, no-fuss dinner the whole family will love!
- 8 ounces ziti (or medium sized pasta), cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (3 cups – reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (3.8-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- While pasta is cooking, cook ground beef, onion and green pepper in a dutch oven or large saucepan until meat is browned and no longer pink, crumbling beef while it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Add cooked pasta, pizza sauce, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to beef mixture and stir well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Inspired by Taste of Home
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pizza pasta casserole, pepperoni pizza casserole
Originally published October 30, 2014. Updated with new photographs, recipe revised and republished on September 30, 2019.