This quick and easy One Pot Hamburger Stroganoff is the perfect comfort food dinner for busy weeknights!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
One Pot Hamburger Stroganoff – An easy weeknight meal!
Who else loves one pot wonders with easy cleanup?! This is going to be one of the most simple (and delicious) recipes you’ll ever make. Promise.
What’s not to love about lean ground beef, onions, mushrooms and pasta smothered in a creamy, flavorful sauce? The ultimate satisfying comfort food!
This recipe is “almost” a 30-minute meal. A hearty dinner is on the table in lightening time!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles (approximately 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked, browned and no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes). Crumble beef while cooking. Drain off fat.
- Lower to medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring frequently (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well in-between each tablespoon.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add egg noodles and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove lid and stir occasionally to prevent noodles from sticking to bottom of pot (I stirred 5 times).
- Remove from heat and add sour cream. Stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.