This easy casserole full of chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and cheese with a crunchy Ritz cracker topping is a comforting dinner that cooks in one dish!
This casserole uses precooked chicken and staple ingredients that are also budget-friendly. A major bonus is that just 10 minutes prep time is needed to get it in the baking dish to go into the oven!
Your Simple Ingredients
I love dinners that include ingredients that I normally have on-hand and this recipe is just that. It calls for a bag of frozen broccoli florets (chopped into about 1-inch pieces) but I’ve also used baby broccoli florets (they’re smaller so they don’t need chopping). You can also substitute bread crumbs for the crushed crackers.
I use only 1/4 teaspoon of salt in this recipe because the soups, cheese and jarred mushrooms add enough salt for my taste, but feel free to add more if you’re a salt lover.
This is such a breeze to throw together! Simply combine the ingredients (except the cracker topping) in a large bowl, transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the crushed crackers and bake for an additional 10 minutes. DINNER = DONE.
I hope you and your family enjoy this casserole as much as I have over the years!
More Easy Chicken Dinners You’ll LovePrint
An easy and comforting dinner that cooks in one dish!
- 4 cups fully cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (24 ounce) bag broccoli florets, thawed and chopped into about 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce drained weight) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 sleeve round buttery crackers (such as Ritz), crushed (about 15 crackers)*
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, soups and beaten eggs until combined. Add broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Stir again to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and spread evenly with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over casserole.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
*3/4 cup bread crumbs can be substituted for crushed crackers
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken broccoli casserole, chicken broccoli cheese casserole
Originally published December 2011. Updated with new photographs, helpful tips and republished March 2020.