By utilizing the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken, this Chicken, Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole is a breeze to throw together on a busy weeknight!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Raise your hand if you’re tired of turkey and ham already! This casserole is so cheesy, creamy and chock full of chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. And did I mention how awesome it smells while it’s baking?
It was soooo nice not to have a ton of dirty dishes (especially after all the ones from Thanksgiving) with this one-dish casserole. I cooked so much food I still don’t know how I pulled it off!
I spent most of the day Friday cleaning, then put up the Christmas tree on Saturday. It was a fun and busy weekend to say the least. Baby is such a good poser, isn’t she?!
Recipe originally published December 15, 2011 and updated November 28, 2016.Print
- 4 cups fully cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (24-ounce) bag baby broccoli florets, thawed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 sleeve round buttery crackers (Ritz), crushed (about 15 crackers)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except Ritz crackers.
- Place in a 13×9 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over casserole.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.