This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
All of the amazing flavors of Chicken Parmesan come together in this convenient, satisfying and flavorful Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’ve always loved chicken Parmesan, but I also enjoy the convenience of casseroles. Cooked chicken, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, cheese and pasta come together so easily with minimal cleanup in this recipe.
I used a panko breadcrumb and cheese topping, so you don’t have to worry about breading any chicken!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
It’s so easy! By using leftover cooked chicken (or store-bought rotisserie chicken) you’ll slash the time in this recipe.
Start out by cooking penne pasta (or any medium size pasta) according to package directions and drain (do your prep work while the pasta is cooking). Then you’ll stir together the cooked pasta, chicken, 2 cups of marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the casserole from oven, remove foil and top with more mozzarella and Parmesan, then sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs. Return to oven and bake (uncovered) for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan Casserole
A garden salad and French bread have always been my go-to favorite sides with this convenient casserole.
Originally published June 8, 2016. Updated with new photographs, revised recipe and republished August 24, 2019.Print
All of the chicken Parmesan flavors you love in an easy and convenient casserole!
- 12 ounces penne pasta (approximately 4 cups dry pasta), cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 cups cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir cooked pasta, cooked chicken, 2 cups marinara sauce, diced tomatoes with juices, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Spoon remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce over mixture and spread as evenly as possible with back of spoon. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and carefully remove foil. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Return to oven and bake (uncovered) for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken parmesan casserole, chicken parm casserole