This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Quick Homemade Pizza Sauce takes only FIVE minutes to make and is packed full of flavor… it couldn’t be easier to make your own pizza sauce right at home!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Okay so I admit it. I’ve been so guilty in the past of using store-bought pizza sauce. But there’s really no need to when you can SO EASILY throw it together at home. Not only is it budget-friendly, it tastes so much better!
I made this sauce last week when making homemade pizza dough. It’s so easy to make it’s elementary. I try to keep pizza sauce ingredients on-hand because it’s nice to be able to throw together a pizza for dinner at the last minute.
How long does homemade pizza sauce last?
This sauce lasts for approximately 1 week stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or up to approximately 3 months frozen.
What ingredients are in this pizza sauce?
You probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry to make this sauce! The ingredients are:
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Granulated sugar
- Black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir tomato sauce and tomato paste until combined and smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Store in a jar or covered container in refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: best homemade pizza sauce, easy pizza sauce