A quick, flavorful and budget-friendly dinner!
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups hot cooked brown or white rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and crushed red pepper in a small bowl or large measuring cup. Set aside.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, crumbling beef while it is cooking, until it is fully cooked and no longer pink (about 5 to 6 minutes). Drain off fat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds), stirring constantly.
- Add sauce and stir well to combine. Cook (while stirring) until thoroughly heated, about 1 minute.
- Serve over cooked rice topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Serve over zucchini noodles for a lower-carb option
- Adapted from Taste of Home
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: korean beef bowl, korean ground beef bowl