A quick, easy and budget-friendly dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3–4 green onions, sliced
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, crumbling beef while it is cooking, until it is no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes). Drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds) stirring constantly.
- Add sauce and stir well to combine. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Adapted from Taste of Home