So quick, easy and packed full of flavor… you’re absolutely going to LOVE this Easy Korean Beef Bowl!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
There’s no doubt this is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes EVER. Basically you just cook some brown rice and brown some lean ground beef with a simple sauce. Totally elementary… but it doesn’t taste that way!
Those are the kinds of recipes I LOVE. Oh, and it’s budget-friendly, too!
This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes. And if you already have your rice cooked (or are using leftover rice), just 15 minutes for the beef mixture. Holla!
Your simple Korean sauce ingredients are: Brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and crushed red pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
A quick, easy and budget-friendly dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, crumbling beef while it is cooking, until it is no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes). Drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds) stirring constantly.
- Add sauce and stir well to combine. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Adapted from Taste of Home