This Easy Beef and Broccoli with Mushrooms is a (less than) 30 minute dinner the whole family will love!
It’s EASY, inexpensive, tastes awesome, and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. What’s not to love?!
If, by chance, you’re not a lover of mushrooms, simply omit them.
I’m so guilty of ordering takeout or delivery on a regular basis. There’s no telling how much money I could have saved if I had made everything myself that I was craving instead of ordering it!
For what I paid for this meal, I would have paid for about 2 orders of Chinese takeout. This recipe easily yields 4 very hearty servings… I could have been making this, freezing the beef mixture and throwing a bag of quick-cooking rice in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
??? Live and learn.
Budget friendly, so much better than takeout and in less than 30 minutes!
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (from a jar – about 3 cloves minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak (about 2 steaks), thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked white rice
- Whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch, ginger, red pepper flakes and water in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook (about 4 minutes) until browned on both sides. Add soy sauce mixture, broccoli and mushrooms. Stir gently to combine. Cook, gently stirring frequently, until sauce mixture is slightly thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: beef and broccoli with mushrooms