This Cucumber Radish Salad in a sweet and tangy dressing with fresh dill is an easy spring and summer side dish. Full of vibrant flavors, this crisp and refreshing salad is practically effortless to prepare!
Cucumber salads are one of my favorite spring and summer side dishes and this one is no exception. Pair this salad with with grilled chicken and a baked potato for the ultimate warm weather dinner!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Radishes – Thinly sliced.
- Cucumber – I use a large English cucumber, thinly sliced.
- White vinegar
- Celery seed – I love the added flavor and slight crunch of celery seed. It can be omitted if you’re not a fan.
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper – As always, feel free to increase or decrease the amounts to your personal preference.
- Fresh dill – Dried dill can be substituted (but use only ⅓ of the amount of fresh).
How to Prepare
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and dill in a large bowl.
- Add sliced cucumbers and radishes and toss or gently stir to coat.
When to Serve
This salad is best when served within one hour of preparing. If stored for a longer period of time in the fridge, the sliced cucumbers and radishes will lose their crisp texture.
The color of the radishes will also eventually leak into the dressing, causing it to be dark pink in color.
A no-fuss, wholesome and delicious side dish has never been easier. ENJOY!
More Veggie Side Dishes
Cucumber Radish Salad
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- 1 large English cucumber washed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes that have been washed (about 10 radishes depending upon size)
- Whisk together white vinegar, olive oil, sugar, celery seed, dill, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved in a large bowl.
- Add sliced cucumbers and radishes. Toss or gently stir to evenly coat vegetables.
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published April 2016. Updated with new photos, new text and recipe slightly revised April 2022.
My family and I loved this salad!
I’ve had experience with too much vinegar in cuc salads before, but I also know that it is effective to marinate vegetables for a period. My solution: dilute the vinegar. I put a 2:1 mixture of vinegar to water with 1/2 the sugar and a bit more salt than this recipe calls for (and no oil) into the marinate mix. I left the cucs and radishes in the marinate for ~20 minutes as I prepared other things. To finish the salad, I drained the veggies, reserved about 2/3 cup of the marinate, then mixed a up a dressing w/oil. I found that the dressing needed some acidity so I added the juice of one lime. It was a hit.