I love fresh summer vegetable salads… like this easy and flavor-packed salad with tomatoes, red onion and basil in an easy red wine vinaigrette.
This is a perfect salad ANY time of the year and requires only a few minutes to prepare.
You just can’t beat the fresh vibrant flavors of tomatoes with basil and red onion in a tangy red wine vinaigrette. Simple, healthy deliciousness!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
My mama always makes me this salad when I eat with her in the summertime. For some reason hers always tastes better (maybe it’s because I don’t have to make it?!).
Regardless, this salad is so simple and easy to make… and tastes amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I always do.
This easy salad with a homemade red wine vinaigrette is a flavorful and delicious side dish!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed julienned or chopped fresh basil (about 5 large leaves)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes and onions together to combine. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with basil. Gently stir to combine.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomato basil red onion salad, tomato basil salad