Today’s recipe is sponsored by Kangaroo Breads. All opinions shared are my own.
These Classic Chicken Salad Pita Pockets are a quick (and delicious) lunch or dinner!
I grew up eating this chicken salad and it has always been a favorite year-round. It’s a perfect way to recycle leftover chicken, but I enjoy it so much that I cook chicken especially for this recipe.
If I’m in a hurry and craving it, I’ll buy a store-bought rotisserie chicken and make it… easy peasy!
Kangaroo Whole Wheat with Honey Pita Pockets are a healthier bread alternative, and if you use low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt in this recipe, it gets even healthier.
I dice chicken breasts into small cubes and cook, drain off the juices, allow to cool and simply mix it with the remaining ingredients. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
This salad is full of chicken, celery, red onion, hard-boiled eggs and seasoned with dill weed and garlic. A tried and true recipe in my family for years. Serving it in Kangaroo’s whole wheat pita pockets makes for a crazy easy and quick lunch or light dinner.
If you’re craving a chicken salad with a tropical fruity twist, be sure to also try my Summer Chicken Salad with sweet mandarin oranges, grapes, pineapple and crunchy walnuts.
Creamy and flavor-packed chicken salad prepared with crunch celery, red onion, hard-boiled eggs and seasoned with dill and garlic served in a pita pocket.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1/2 inch cubes*
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Kangaroo Whole Wheat with Honey Pita Pockets
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly until chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink (about 7 to 8 minutes). Drain off juices and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, gently stir chicken with mayonnaise until thoroughly coated. Add celery, onion, boiled eggs, dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Serve in pita pockets with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
*Save time by using approximately 3 3/4 cups fully cooked shredded or cubed chicken.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken salad pita pockets
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kangaroo Breads – Holiday Recipes. The opinions and text are all mine.