Today’s recipe is sponsored by Kangaroo Breads. All opinions shared are my own.
The holidays are quickly approaching and times are going to get a little hectic. These Classic Chicken Salad Pita Pockets are a quick (and delicious) lunch or dinner!
I grew up eating this chicken salad and it has always been a favorite year-round. It’s a perfect way to recycle leftover chicken, but I enjoy it so much that I cook chicken especially for this recipe. If I’m in a hurry and craving it, I’ll buy a store-bought rotisserie chicken and make it… easy peasy!
Kangaroo Whole Wheat with Honey Pita Pockets are a healthier bread alternative, and if you use low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt in this recipe, it gets even healthier.
I always try to eat as healthy as possible before Thanksgiving and Christmas because it makes me feel better about throwing down at the dinner table!
I dice chicken breasts into small cubes and cook, drain off the juices and simply mix it with the remaining ingredients. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
This chicken salad involves a load of chicken, celery, red onion, hard-boiled eggs and is perfectly seasoned with dill weed and garlic. A tried and true recipe in my family for years. Serving it in Kangaroo’s whole wheat pita pockets makes for a crazy easy and quick lunch or light dinner. Enjoy!
Visit Kangaroo Breads for more inspiring recipes, coupons and offers.Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into small cubes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Kangaroo Whole Wheat with Honey Pita Pockets
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly until chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink (about 7-8 minutes). Drain off juices.
- In a large bowl, gently stir chicken with mayonnaise until thoroughly coated. Add celery, onion, boiled eggs, dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Serve in pita pockets with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kangaroo Breads – Holiday Recipes. The opinions and text are all mine.