So creamy, flavorful and satisfying, this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a Caesar lover’s dream!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This hearty pasta salad is full of chicken, creamy Caesar dressing, crispy romaine lettuce, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. It’s a complete dinner in one bowl.
This recipe was inspired by my BLT Pasta Salad – I was craving a Caesar salad, but wanted something heartier… the addition of pasta, chicken and bacon was a winner!
By using leftover cooked chicken or a store-bought rotisserie chicken, this recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. Fry your bacon while the pasta is boiling or use packaged bacon bits or pieces (be sure to use real bacon, not the imitation kind).
How many people does this serve?
This recipe yields approximately 11 cups, so it feeds 6 as a meal or even more as a side dish (it’s perfect for potlucks and cookouts!).
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! However, to prevent the bacon and lettuce from getting soggy, I’d prepare the pasta salad without the bacon and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, then toss in the bacon and lettuce just before serving.
More Pasta Salad RecipesPrint
A simple, hearty and flavorful pasta salad that’s always a winner with Caesar lovers!
- 8 ounces penne pasta (or other medium pasta)
- 3/4 cup Caesar dressing (more if creamier consistency is desired)
- 3 cups shredded or cubed fully cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crumbled or diced fully cooked bacon
- 4 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour dressing over pasta and stir to coat evenly. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
* If making ahead, prepare the pasta salad without the bacon and lettuce, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, then toss in the bacon and lettuce just before serving.