This easy Shrimp Salad with crunchy celery and red onion in a creamy dressing is always a crowd-pleasing appetizer or satisfying lunch.
The creamy dressing is seasoned with dill and Old Bay Seasoning and is nothing short of flavor-packed. If your shrimp are already cooked, this recipe comes together in just a matter of minutes.
This is always a welcomed appetizer served with crackers, but is also delicious served on croissants or over a bed of crisp lettuce for lunch.
How long does this shrimp salad last in the refrigerator?
This will last up to 3 days in the fridge when stored properly in an airtight container.
I prefer to cook my shrimp, but feel free to use precooked shrimp if you need to save time… you’ll need 2 cups of chopped fully cooked shrimp in this recipe.
How Much Does This Recipe Yield?
This recipe yields approximately 2 1/2 cups, which is 2 lunch servings or 5 appetizer servings. Feel free to double or triple the recipe depending on the amount of people you’re serving. Enjoy!
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll LovePrint
This creamy Shrimp Salad seasoned with dill and Old Bay Seasoning is always a welcomed appetizer or satisfying lunch!
- 1 pound medium shrimp in their shells
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- Boil 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan and add shrimp. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until shrimp are cooked and have just turned pink (do not overcook).
- Drain shrimp in a colander, rinse with cold water and allow to cool.
- While shrimp are cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill weed and Old Bay Seasoning in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until shrimp are ready to be added.
- Peel and devein shrimp and cut in half (or chop, depending upon preference).
- Add shrimp, red onions and celery to mayonnaise mixture and stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Prep time includes time allowed for shrimp to cool.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp salad, shrimp salad recipe
Originally published April 8, 2016. Updated with new photographs and recipe slightly revised on August 30, 2019.