I’ve guess you could say I’ve been “under the weather” for a few days, so I haven’t been cooking like I normally do :-(. Last night I wanted to cook something healthy and EASY ~ but still wanted it to have a “comfort food” taste. So I cooked our favorite shrimp burgers, sauteing the shrimp and adding mushrooms.
Don’t get me wrong, I REALLY like fried shrimp burgers. But these are my all time favorite because these shrimp are cooked with garlic and mushrooms, and topped with provolone cheese. I bought my shrimp already peeled and deveined, so it was super simple and quick.
I took some of the shrimp mixture,placed it on the bottom part of the bun, and topped it with a slice provolone cheese. Then I placed the bun in my toaster oven and toasted it just until the cheese melted and the bun was heated, garnished with some lettuce, tomato & red onion slices and that was it ~ a healthy dinner was on in less than 20 minutes! Yay! 🙂
- 1 pound of medium sized peeled & deveined shrimp
- 3-4 of your favorite sandwich buns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- (1) 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3-4 sandwich slices of provolone cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional: lettuce, tomato & sliced onion
- Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and pepper.
- Saute shrimp, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink (approximately 4 minutes).
- Spoon shrimp mixture onto bottom halves of sandwich buns.
- Top the shrimp mixture with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place in toaster oven (or in oven on broiler setting) and toast until cheese is melted and buns are heated.
- Optional: garnish with lettuce, tomato, and sliced onion.