By using leftover cooked rice, this flavorful Shrimp Fried Rice is an easy 30-minute meal!
Seriously… why order takeout when you can make this shrimp fried rice a gazillion times better at home?! There’s just something about the combination of the aromas that smell so good while it’s cooking. And any leftovers you might have are just as good the next day (if not better!).
I admit I’m totally guilty of over-indulging on takeout sometimes… but when I’m craving this fried rice, I make it at home.
Deliciously seasoned fried rice chock full of shrimp and veggies is simple enough to serve as a quick weeknight dinner, but elegant enough to serve on a special occasion.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Skip the takeout and make this classic homemade fried rice with shrimp, carrots, peas, and green onions. An easy and delicious 30-minute meal!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 ½ cups diced carrots)
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- ⅔ cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about ½ of a medium onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink on both sides, stirring occasionally (about 3 to 4 minutes). Place shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Pour the sesame oil In the same wok or skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add carrots, peas, corn and yellow onion. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onions are translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables to one side of the pan. On the other side, add the eggs and quickly stir to scramble. Stir well to combine once the eggs are scrambled.
- Add rice, ginger powder and soy sauce. Stir constantly until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper (to taste) and top with green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: easy shrimp fried rice
well done, daughters loved it! Added fresh ginger with garlic and it was nicely fragrant!
Sooooo easy and tasty! Thank you for sharing this recipe. My son LOVES it!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks so much, Laurie! So glad he liked it. 🙂