Happy Valentine’s Day! Today I’m sharing one of my very favorite seafood recipes: Shrimp Fried Rice.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Seriously… why order takeout when you can make this shrimp fried rice a gazillion times better at home?! There’s just something about the combination of the aromas that smell sooooo good while it’s cooking. And any leftovers you might have are just as good the next day (if not better!).
I admit I’m totally guilty of over-indulging on takeout sometimes… but when I want this fried riceI make it at home.
And I couldn’t think of anything I’d want more on Valentine’s night to eat for dinner. So I’ll probably be seriously over-indulging on this.
Who cares about chocolate when you have this perfectly seasoned shrimp fried rice chock full of shrimp and veggies?!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced (about 1-1/2 cups diced carrots)
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- ⅔ cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about ½ of a medium onion)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, stirring occasionally (about 3 minutes). Place shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Pour the sesame oil In the same wok or skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add carrots, peas, corn and yellow onion. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onions are translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables to one side of the pan. On the other side, add the eggs and quickly stir to scramble. Stir well to combine once the eggs are scrambled.
- Add rice, ginger powder and soy sauce. Stir constantly until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper (to taste) and top with green onions.