So quick, easy and delicious… if you’re a shrimp lover like me, you’re going to love these Sautéed Shrimp Burgers!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I can’t take the credit for these… in my mid-twenties this was one of my FAVORITE things to eat at a local restaurant that is now closed, Raps in Morehead City, NC. I’ve tried to re-create it the best I could over the years and it’s a total SCORE!
These shrimp burgers were sooooo good that they were one of the very first recipes I posted on the blog. Obviously the photos needed to be updated to give this recipe justice.
Seriously, how can you go wrong with seasoned shrimp and mushrooms on a kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, red onion and homemade tartar sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years!
Originally published February 16, 2012 and updated February 19, 2018.Print
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper for seasoning shrimp
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 3-4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 3-4 slices provolone cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Sliced red onion
- Tartar sauce, if desired
- Season shrimp with desired amount of salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until just turned pink on both sides, stirring constantly (about 3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on a plate or in a bowl. Add the olive oil to the skillet and add mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms until tender, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes). Return shrimp to skillet and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated thoroughly.
- Place shrimp and mushroom mixture evenly on kaiser rolls. Top with a slice of provolone cheese. Place under your broiler and broil on high for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from under broiler and top with lettuce, tomato, onion and tartar sauce.