Two of my favorite foods come together in this amazing Shrimp Scampi Pizza!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Seriously… if there’s 2 things that I love on this earth it’s cheesy pizza and shrimp. It’s the best of both worlds here, people!
And if your shrimp are already peeled and deveined, this recipe comes together in just 25 minutes. I used a pre-made crust instead of dough just to make sure my shrimp wouldn’t be overcooked and dry. The scampi sauce helps to keep the shrimp moist and the secret is sautéeing the shrimp just until pink before placing them on the pizza.
Everyone will think you made a gourmet pizza in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!Print
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
Shrimp Scampi Pizza – Everything you love about shrimp scampi in a cheesy pizza in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12-inch) ready-made pizza crust (I used Boboli thin crust)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, oregano and lemon juice, stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook just until turned pink.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside. Remove pan with juices from burner and set aside.
- Bake CRUST ONLY for 4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Brush crust with sauce from pan (about ¼ cup). Top with 1-½ cups of the cheese and evenly distribute shrimp on top of cheese. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese on top of pizza.
- Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning.
- Return to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking with Curls
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
I have made this recipe 5 or 6 times. Love, Love, Love. I use homemade crust but tonight I used store boughten fresh crust. I used an air bake pizza pan and cooked as the recipe says, pre cooking the crust. I add one large thinly sliced shallot with the garlic and add a few slices of sliced roma tomatoes with the shrimp. Could easily make the recipe as is without additions and would still be awesome