So simple and healthy, this easy recipe for Garlic Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare asparagus. Not only that, it’s crazy delicious without a ton of ingredients. All you’re going to need to flavor the asparagus is olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. How easy is that?
With grilling season in full swing, this is the absolute PERFECT side dish for grilled beef, pork, chicken and seafood.
The best part is that it only takes about 20-25 minutes total!! You want the asparagus to be roasted and tender, but NOT all mushy. I baked these for 16 minutes (turning them half-way through baking), but it depends on the size of the spear. Larger spears will obviously take longer to roast.
Happy roastin’! 🙂
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears (around 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse asparagus with water and pat dry. Snap or slice off tough ends.
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil and minced garlic. Add asparagus and toss to coat evenly. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle any remaining olive oil and garlic mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, turning after about 8-10 minutes. Roast until asparagus are crisp-tender and shriveled slightly.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.