An easy and flavorful side dish prepared with simple ingredients. A perfect side dish for almost any meal!
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears (approximately 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse asparagus with water and pat dry. Snap or slice off tough ends (about 1 inch).
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil and minced garlic. Place asparagus in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and garlic mixture over asparagus. Toss until coated as evenly as possible. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, turning after about 7-8 minutes. Roast until asparagus are tender-crisp.*
- Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.
*Roasting time will vary and depends upon the thickness of your asparagus spears.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted asparagus, baked asparagus