***PAM Cooking Spray sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine!
Well, October is here and you know what that means… FALL BAKING is upon us! I’ve been thinking of baking something different for the upcoming holidays and recently made this crazy easy and delicious Cranberry Apple Crisp. It’s going to be on the Thanksgiving and Christmas menu without a doubt!
I absolutely LOVE the holidays. Last year I spent almost an entire 2 days cooking before Thanksgiving and loved every minute of it. My boxer, Chance, was still with me at the time and always followed every move I made in the kitchen.
I just recently adopted a senior rescue boxer, “Baby” and she is no different! Baby is right beside me with every move I make in the kitchen just waiting for a crumb to fall. This is her second month with me and she couldn’t have fit in more perfectly. It’s like she’s been with me her whole life!
Since I have a busy work schedule, I cherish every moment I get to spend with Baby and have tried to make her transition as seamless as possible. PAM Cooking Spray makes it easier for me in that it’s a sensible way to save time in the kitchen. It leaves *99% less residue than margarine which means less time cleaning up and MORE time for playing with Baby! 🙂
* vs. leading cooking sprays (except olive oil), after spraying on glass bakeware, baking at 400°F for 30 minutes, cooling, and then washing in standard home dishwasher with detergent and repeating 4 times.
Speaking of time, this Cranberry Apple Crisp is so delicious (but so easy!) no one will ever know you made it in a little over an hour total. YEAH!
- 3 cups cored, chopped and peeled granny smith apples
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (I used frozen)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11-inch x 7-inch baking dish with PAM Cooking Spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Gently stir in cranberries and apples. Pour into baking dish sprayed with PAM Cooking Spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir all topping ingredients until incorporated.
- Distribute topping mixture over cranberry-apple mixture in baking dish evenly. Bake approximately 50 minutes, or until edges are bubbling and fruit is tender.
For recipes and cooking tips, follow PAM Cooking Spray on Facebook and Pinterest, or visit pamcookingspray.com.
PAM Cooking Spray sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.