No ice cream maker is required in this incredibly simple No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream. Only three ingredients are needed in this hassle-free, creamy and delicious treat!
Not only is this homemade ice cream delicious, but it’s so much fun to make. Add your own creative spin by swirling in your favorite add-ins. The most difficult part of this recipe is waiting for it to freeze!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until thickened with stiff peaks using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer).
- Using a silicone spatula, gently fold in whipped cream to the condensed milk and vanilla mixture.
- Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan, spread evenly and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm.
Delicious Add-In Ideas
The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can swirl or mix in this ice cream. This is a base recipe (I love it as-is!) but here are some ideas that come to mind:
- Chopped fruit
- Chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Chopped candy bar pieces
- Chopped or crumbled cookies
- Chopped nuts
Or try my delicious no-churn strawberry lemon ice cream using lemon extract, lemon zest and fresh strawberries – YUM!
I often enjoy this ice cream plain, but also love it scooped on apple pie bites, strawberry cobbler and cranberry apple crisp – it’s dessert heaven!
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- Pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer) on high speed, beat heavy whipping cream until thickened with stiff peaks, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently fold in whipped cream to sweetened condensed milk and vanilla mixture. Do not over-mix. Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 5 to 6 hours, or until firm.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published July 2016. Updated with new photos, new text and republished June 2021.
Hey, we love this, just had it for our 4th of July dessert! Super creamy and like a soft serve, smooth and delicious! Thanks Amy! This will be a repeat in this house, for sure!
Thanks so much, Susan! We had it for 4th of July dessert, too. So glad everyone enjoyed it! 🙂
Oh wow, ok, note to self- get condensed milk and whipping cream, lol! Sounds delish!
Thank you, Susan – I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thank you so much, Deb! 🙂