Today I’m sharing a super easy side dish that we enjoy throughout spring and summer months: Cucumber Tomato Salad.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I was browsing through some old Facebook pictures that I posted on my personal page last year, and saw where I posted a cell phone pic of this recipe for cucumber tomato salad before I started the blog.
I just love fresh cucumbers. My Mom has a green thumb to die for and always shares her organic fresh veggies and fruits with me.
This is her yard and greenhouse. Good darn thing they are just out of the city limits and have a well for their water supply. I don’t think they’d be able to afford a city water bill! LOL
All there is to this recipe is slicing some cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and chopping some basil…
Then making a vinaigrette dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, dill weed, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle it over the salad. Waalaa.
I hope you enjoy this awesome little salad as much as we do!
- Approximately 3 cups peeled & sliced cucumbers
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced into chunks
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl; stir to combine well & drizzle over salad.