This delicious Red Pepper Aioli is a versatile condiment that is prepared in just 10 minutes using simple ingredients. It adds a burst of sweet, zesty, and tangy flavor to burgers, seafood, meats, veggies, and so much more!
Whether you’re planning a backyard cookout, a casual get-together, or simply looking to spruce up your weeknight dinners, this creamy sauce is a game-changer.
Your Simple Ingredients
- Roasted red peppers – Jarred roasted red peppers that have been drained and patted dry with a paper towel.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
How to Prepare
- Add the the roasted red peppers, garlic, mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse (or blend) until smooth.
- Add the oil (about 1 teaspoon at a time), pulsing (or blending) in-between until well incorporated.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
You can use Greek yogurt or a combination of Greek yogurt and mayonnaise to replace the full amount of mayonnaise. Low-fat mayo can also be used in this recipe.
It is not recommended to freeze this sauce, as the texture changes significantly after defrosting.
- Add some heat. If you enjoy heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce.
- Use your favorite herbs such as basil, cilantro or dill.
- Make it smoky: For a subtle smoky flavor, add a pinch of smoked paprika.
Red Pepper Aioli
- ½ cup roasted red peppers (roughly chopped and tightly packed) that have been drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 parsley leaves Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Place red peppers, garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse (or blend) until smooth.
- Add the oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, pulsing (or blending) in-between, until the oil is well-incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 ¾ cups, which is 28 servings at 1 tablespoon each. Nutrition info is based on 1 tablespoon.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published March 2012. Updated with new photographs, new text, and recipe slightly revised July 2023.