Red pepper aioli is one of my favorite sauces. It also is good as a condiment on sandwiches, especially blackened shrimp BLT sandwiches :-).
Start with a jar of roasted red peppers – you’ll need about half a cup of roasted red peppers that are drained and patted dry with a paper towel. If you don’t drain well enough and pat dry, the sauce will be watery.
Using a food processor, pulse 1 clove of garlic, then add (in this order) the red peppers, olive oil, mayo, a dash of Tabasco sauce and pepper (to taste). Pulse each time you add each ingredient, mixing well.Print
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, pulse garlic clove first.
- Add (in this order) roasted red peppers, olive oil, Tabasco, mayonnaise and pepper, pulsing each time an ingredient is added until mixed well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.