Looking for a simple seafood dinner? This recipe for Baked Lemon Butter Flounder is your answer!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
My mama recently had a good friend to gift her with an entire cooler full of fresh, local flounder and she was nice enough to share a few with me. I hadn’t eaten flounder in forever!
What’s even better is that this recipe easily comes together in under 30 minutes. SCORE.
The butter sauce is a simple mixture of melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh minced garlic and dried dill. Not a lot of ingredients but definitely packs a punch of flavor!
My flounder fillets were around 4 ounces each, so be sure to adjust your cooking time based upon the weight and thickness of your fillets. Enjoy!Print
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 (4-ounce) flounder fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and dill.
- Rinse flounder fillets and pat dry. Place in baking dish and season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Evenly drizzle butter mixture over flounder fillets. Top with lemon slices, if desired.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, then broil on high for 3-4 minutes. Fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Inspired by Cooking Light
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked flounder, baked lemon flounder