What happens when you have leftover strawberries? Hmmmm… let me think about that. NOT.
You make something fruity with booze in it, of course! 🙂
So, as usual… I bought too many strawberries from Lowe’s Foods. Story of my life. I’d rather have too much of something than not enough. So I made this Strawberry Beer Lemonade recipe with my leftover strawberries that I found on TheBeeroness.com. She freakin’ rocks.
Jackie used a pale ale by Beautiful Blonde, but I try to keep my love close to home as much as possible. So I used a North Carolina-based pale ale in my recipe, which is Sierra Nevada. And I can’t even take the credit for that, either. My BFF Melissa is an avid beer connoisseur. I asked her opinion about what kind of beer I should use in this recipe, and of course, she recommended this NC-based pale ale.
Us country girls like to keep it as close to home as possible. Thanks, Melissa. You rock, too.
So… even if you don’t have “leftover” strawberries, go out and buy some anyway… so you can make this drink. You won’t regret it!
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 (12-ounce bottles) pale ale beer (I used Sierra Nevada)
- Place strawberry slices, sugar and lemon juice in a pitcher. Allow sugar to dissolve for about 10 minutes. Slowly add beer and gently stir to combine.
- Serve in a glass over ice.