What happens when you have leftover strawberries?
Strawberry Beer Lemonade
You make something fruity with booze in it, of course! 🙂
Jackie used a pale ale by Beautiful Blonde, but I try to keep my love close to home as much as possible. So I used a North Carolina-based pale ale in my recipe, which is Sierra Nevada. And I can’t even take the credit for that, either. My BFF Melissa is an avid beer connoisseur. I asked her opinion about what kind of beer I should use in this recipe, and of course, she recommended this NC-based pale ale.
So… even if you don’t have “leftover” strawberries, go out and buy some anyway… so you can make this drink. You won’t regret it!Print
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (12-ounce bottles) pale ale beer (I used Sierra Nevada)
- Place strawberry slices, sugar and lemon juice in a pitcher. Allow sugar to dissolve for about 10 minutes. Slowly add beer and gently stir to combine.
- Serve in a glass over ice.
Slightly adapted from TheBeeroness.com