This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
What happens when you have leftover strawberries?
Strawberry Beer Lemonade
You make something fruity with booze in it, of course! 🙂
Jackie used a pale ale by Beautiful Blonde, but I try to keep my love close to home as much as possible. So I used a North Carolina-based pale ale in my recipe, which is Sierra Nevada. And I can’t even take the credit for that, either. My BFF Melissa is an avid beer connoisseur. I asked her opinion about what kind of beer I should use in this recipe, and of course, she recommended this NC-based pale ale.
So… even if you don’t have “leftover” strawberries, go out and buy some anyway… so you can make this drink. You won’t regret it!Print
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (12-ounce bottles) pale ale beer (I used Sierra Nevada)
- Place strawberry slices, sugar and lemon juice in a pitcher. Allow sugar to dissolve for about 10 minutes. Slowly add beer and gently stir to combine.
- Serve in a glass over ice.
Slightly adapted from TheBeeroness.com