Just about every Southerner I know loves Classic Deviled Eggs. Actually, I can’t think of anyone I know (southerner or not) that doesn’t!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe
Now, “classic” to me means the deviled eggs have what I consider the basics: mayonnaise, mustard, sweet pickle relish and some spices. Just like my mama always makes and like my grandma made.
I’ve probably eaten deviled eggs prepared like this at every holiday dinner and family reunion that I’ve ever been to… they’re a staple at gatherings.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Paprika and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Mash yolks with fork until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into egg whites, or place mixture into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with the corner tip cut off) and squeeze into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.