Shrimp Scampi Pizza – Everything you love about shrimp scampi in a cheesy pizza in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12-inch) ready-made pizza crust (I used Boboli thin crust)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, oregano and lemon juice, stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook just until turned pink.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside. Remove pan with juices from burner and set aside.
- Bake CRUST ONLY for 4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Brush crust with sauce from pan (about 1/4 cup). Top with 1-1/2 cups of the cheese and evenly distribute shrimp on top of cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top of pizza.
- Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning.
- Return to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking with Curls