These easy salmon patties made with canned salmon, saltine crackers, onion, green pepper and seasonings are a quick and budget-friendly dinner!
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2–1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place salmon in a large bowl and pick out any bones and discard. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Add crushed crackers, egg, garlic, lemon juice, onion, green pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper and mix ingredients with your hands or a large spoon. Form into patties (I used 1/2 cup of salmon mixture for each patty).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add patties and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon cake recipe, best salmon patties