Using mostly pantry and refrigerator staple ingredients, these flavorful salmon patties are a quick, budget-friendly dinner in under 20 minutes!
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2–1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place salmon in a large bowl and pick out any bones and discard*. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Add crushed crackers, egg, garlic, lemon juice, onion, green pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients with your hands or a large spoon. Form into 5 patties (1/2 cup of salmon mixture for each patty).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add patties and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- *If you choose to include the bones, mash them with a fork into the mixture.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, spray a skillet with cooking spray and reheat on the stove top over medium heat (on both sides) until heated through.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon cakes, salmon patties with crackers